Bitcoins aren’t a printed currency, like dollars or euros. Bitcoins are a form of digital currency, created and held electronically, in the cloud. No one controls it.
There are numerous cryptocurrency wallets available. Check out three we recommend:
(iOS & Android)
(iOS & Android)
(iOS & Android)
- Select the Bitcoin icon on the screen, then press “BUY BITCOIN”.
- The ATM will ask you how much Bitcoin (in USD) you want to buy. The minimum is $5 USD.
- More cryptocurrencies are coming soon. Have a “coin” you’d like to offer? Reach out and let us know
For amounts up to $900:
- We need your cell phone number and your first and last name
- You will receive a confirmation code via text message/SMS to key onto the screen keypad
For amounts above $900 and up to $3,000, registration is required:
- In addition your full name and cell phone number, you will need a government-issued state ID or driver’s license (non-expired)
- You will also need to take a selfie. Stand in front of the camera. When you are centered, press “take photo”. (You can see yourself on-screen and where you are in regards to the camera lens).
- Registration typically takes 5-10 minutes and you will be notified you via text message when registration is complete. You only have to register once.
- Scan your wallet QR code (public key) using the ATM scanner
- Insert bills up to the exact amount of Bitcoin you want to buy
- Push the “Buy Bitcoin” button at the bottom right of the screen
- Your transaction will immediately be broadcast to the Bitcoin network. You will see your Bitcoins on the way into your wallet.
For amounts above $3,000:
You will need to provide additional information, including your SSN. Once you are registered, let us know you intend to purchase more than $3,000, via phone or text.
We will connect the required information to enable your transaction.
Is there another option besides “Buy”?
We have a few machines that allow our customers to sell bitcoin. Reach out for our locations that offer this capability.
You can verify the transaction by going to blockchain.com/explorer and copying+pasting your address in. If you do not see you transaction in your wallet, try restarting your wallet application.
DO NOT delete and reinstall the application unless you have backed it up by writing down the list of recovery phrases.
We have a daily limit of $20,000 USD per customer.
Limits reset at midnight at the ATM’s local time.
Our machines do not accept $1 bills. Most people typically use $100s, $50s, or $20s.
CoinGenie Xpress is a quick, convenient way to turn cash into Bitcoin, now at more locations.
CoinGenie Xpress works quite similarly to our traditional ATMs. Instead, your transaction is between you and a helpful clerk, via teller window our participating retail locations.
A six-digit code will be texted to your phone registered with CoinGenie, after your Bitcoin purchase is established. The teller will use the code to complete your purchase transaction.
CoinGenie Xpress purchases are limited to $900 USD per 24 hour period.
Both! Which is faster, better, safer for you? You choose.
Yes, you can, we’ll get your Bitcoin into your wallet no matter which method you choose.
Innovative Payment Solutions,Cutting Edge Technology & Passion for Client Success
Coingenie was created to empower individuals to quickly and easily turn their cash into bitcoin and easily access them on the go.
‘’Working at my mother’s store money is extremely tight so low fees are VERY important to me! Coin Genie has some of the lowest fees in the country as well as amazing customer service. Why would I go anywhere else?!’’
Gas Station Enthusiast
Frequently Asked Questions
Browse our FAQs and reach out if we can assist with anything further!